Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Manage the V&V work stream across all of SysEng: work with SysEng TLs to identify required work for given release scope, manage resources (people, vehicles, testing facilities), and develop and manage timeline
- Develop and manage testing and analysis best practices for complex HW/SW systems
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing policy, systems and process frameworks
- Drive recommendations through to implementation and results
- Map and track SysEng’s required work to future scope
- Liaise between project and Release TPM team on definition, implementation and tracking of release processes as program evolves
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience
- Systems-engineering mindset, an understanding of the Systems Engineering Process (i.e. use cases to requirements to architecture to design review to DVP/V&V, etc.)
- Experience running and implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience evolving release management programs
- Candidates who have run programs that include development for actual scaled production
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.