Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the professionals who enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
Our Waymo U (training) team is seeking a Training Operations Program Manager who will increase employee productivity by supporting the design and development of curriculum, and managing training delivery and on-the-job support solutions. This role will lead and manage the training delivery of Waymo U’s curriculum and On the Job Support materials for technical training. This role will align with other internal stakeholders and industry experts to identify emerging industry trends that would be applicable to Waymo U curriculums.
In this role, you’ll:
- Responsible for the overall training delivery for Waymo U courses, ensuring that the training infrastructure is well maintained and kept up to date to support new training programs as needed
- Standardize training operations to achieve proven delivery methods that meet Waymo business needs
- Liaise with key business partners and processes to ensure a quality learning experience
- Work with each team to develop training delivery plans and manage and monitor the execution of those plans
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in any field and 5+ years of event management, policy, or training experience, including 2+ years of supervisory experience
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, 8+ total years of event management, policy, or training experience, including 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people and levels
- Proven experience in designing and implementing learning strategies, initiatives, and technical programs for people at all levels
- Strong strategic skills with the ability to move from strategic to tactical
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.