Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Translate system needs into radar designs
- Develop waveforms and processing approaches to achieve system goals
- Predict performance of the architectural solutions, and verify with real-world results
- Coordinate with software and firmware teams to develop efficient implementations
- Develop calibration approaches, and work to architect efficient calibration schemes
- Foster a systems engineering culture within the organization and mentor junior engineers
It's preferred if you have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or other technical field (advanced degree preferred)
- 10 years of experience in radar design, signal processing, probability and statistics, and algorithm development
- Experience with radar verification and validation, including test design and results documentation
- Proficiency with MATLAB and C/C++
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.