Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Respond to employee and temp/vendor/contractor issues or concerns in a timely manner, building rapport and trust as we engage
- Pull meaningful insights and data from our case management tool to better inform the HR/People team and business leaders on trends, suggest process improvements, and build capability with our leaders
- Partner closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders, driving the investigation process in a timely and responsive manner
- Drive projects as needed across the Waymo People team
- Help to build the People Relations function and develop ongoing guiding principles and philosophies around this work to support the Waymo values and culture
- As part of a cross-company response team to COVID-19 matters, fully participate in business decisions, workstreams, projects, that support our essential workers while adhering to all layers of safety, for anyone who is essential to the operations of our business.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of employee relations experience, either as an HR business partner or working directly within employee relations
- Experience handling sensitive and/or highly visible investigations
- Experience working with external partners to successful resolution on cases
- Track record of strong collaboration skills, and highly trusted
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to efficiently and effectively drive work and projects independently, given all of our needs for an empathic and caring investigator
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in a start-up environment or equivalent
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of employment law as part of the role
- Experience with diversity and inclusion efforts or participation in EID sessions
- Experience with project work - driving complex cases or projects with multiple stakeholders, using change management principles
- A process-driven background/systems-thinking mindset
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.