Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the professionals who enable our self-driving service and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you'll:
- Be a support outlet for infield operatives, and be able to respond and handle emergency situations with composure
- Manage vendor SLAs (metrics management and compliance) and make safety-based judgement calls, even where they may come at the expense of productivity
- Cultural and motivational leader - Be able to motivate a group of individuals to meet team and program goals
- Identify areas of operational inefficiency (using data-driven analyses where appropriate) and develop and implement scalable process improvements
- Initiate, commence, and complete side projects and collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional teams based on project needs
- Be able to provide quality technical feedback, and make priority based decisions while maximizing resources
- Answer calls and communicate effectively with mobile operatives in the field and coordinate daily assignments to achieve team and program priorities
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or 3 years of practical experience in an operational management role
- 1 year experience operating self-driving vehicle systems
- 1 year of management, mentoring and/or instructor experience (resource planning, allocation, optimization, reporting etc)
- Must adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations
- Must remain flexible with the changing needs of the business
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time or more as the business demand changes
It's preferred if you have:
- People and/or program management experience in a structured, medium/large-size work environment
- 2 years of experience with self driving vehicle instruction or operating autonomous vehicle systems
- 2 years of experience dispatching or coordinating logistics
Shift hours: 5:30am - 2:30pm / various days
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.