Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Recruit, mentor, and manage high performing systems engineers to enhance an existing team to meet the needs of large-scale autonomous vehicle deployment across all of Waymo’s vehicle platforms
- Create a team environment that fosters inclusion and respect, and allows team members to thrive personally and professionally
- You and your team will be responsible for defining and communicating the requirements of our vehicle electrical systems (power systems, communication networks, etc.) that ensure the performance, integrity, and safety of Waymo’s self-driving technology
- You and your team will be responsible for ensuring the electrical systems and architecture of the vehicle platforms we develop with our OEM and Tier 1 partners meet the requirements
- You and your team will collaborate with fellow Systems Engineers, Systems Test Engineers, and Technical Leads to develop testing programs that thoroughly test the associated requirements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3 or more years of direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to grow and lead high performing teams and organizations
- 10 or more years experience designing and/or testing electromechanical systems, particularly power supply or communication systems across automotive, aerospace systems or other safety critical contexts
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant Engineering or related field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- A demonstrated ability to build and manage productive relationships with engineering adjacencies
- Experience working with automotive OEM evaluation processes and facilities. Has an understanding of a typical automotive development process including major milestones and deliverables
It’s preferred if you have:
- Knowledge in system engineering principles such as defining requirements, and formal verification and validation methods
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, assisted driving technology or other safety critical systems
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.