Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role you will
- Lead the sign-off of self-driving car positioning and localization systems
- Define requirements for the system.
- Verify that the system meets its desired performance.
- Analyze test data, summarize and present the results.
- Write reusable data analysis software and physics simulations
- Write high quality Python and/or C++ to verify performance over large data sets using Google’s tooling
- Architect and verify fault tolerant strategy.
We’d like you to have
- A bachelor’s degree in physics, engineering, or another technical field.
- An advanced degree or 2 years of experience as a software, controls, estimation, robotics, inertial sensors or systems engineer.
- Experience writing analyses in a high level language such as Python (numpy, matplotlib), or Matlab
- Experience implementing and/or testing navigation and/or localization systems.
- Experience in C++.
- Experience evaluating large data sets.
- Experience writing scientific or technical reports. A thesis for an advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience writing requirements or running tests.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.