Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's self-driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this RRE Evaluation Triage Specialist role, you'll:
- Employ appropriate teaching methods (establish new ones when needed) to instruct junior Software Quality Operations associates through a regimented training program.
- Collaborate with Triage Team Lead to ensure consistent training and a positive culture across team
- Conduct certification exams to evaluate trainee performance fairly and consistently
- Develop, prepare, and present program reports when needed; maintain comprehensive program records and statistical information
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge in road rule event evaluation. Stay abreast of software, tools and policy changes
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
At minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS/BA degree or 4 years of relevant work experience. Previous experience instructing Waymo SWQ Ops is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new concepts and utilize proprietary tools
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Basic skills in task planning and time management
- Strong recommendation from current or previous manager
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.