Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Foster a work environment where safety, quality, and end-to-end service are the main focus
- Manage the daily test facility operation including improvements and responding to site related issues
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to gauge effectiveness of onsite team and infrastructure to meet business needs
- Identify trends through metrics and team communication to determine how to more accurately measure efficiency and quality of work
- Create comprehensive reports of site performance and upcoming changes to share with broader team
- Check in with vendor partner management and Waymo safety teams to regularly update site safety policies
- Assess current and new methods and tools to maximize inventory
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years experience in a management role
- Superb program management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver data-supported insight to stakeholders
- Direct, hands on experience with a variety of program management tools ,commonly used tools are Jira, Google Docs and internal issue trackers
- Experience managing multiple projects and a mix of contractors, vendors, and full-time employees
- Ability to balance innovation with efficiency
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience developing, testing, and driving vehicles
- Experience executing complex strategic and technical initiatives in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity
- 3+ years experience in a facility management role
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.