Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Business Development and Partnerships team helps plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive the company’s go-to-market strategy. We work cross-functionally and leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to build forward-looking partnerships that deliver on Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing Waymo’s commercial deployment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the launch and ongoing management of our operational partnerships, working closely with cross-functional teams including operations, engineering, product, finance, marketing, communications, strategy and legal to achieve goals critical to Waymo’s success.
- Help to successfully deploy Waymo's commercial service by developing and executing key operational processes.
- Provide quality strategic and daily support to our range of operational partners regarding performance, improvement opportunities and issue resolution. Secure feedback on partnerships, assess partner performance and action improvements as needed.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative strategic and operational analysis. Work with senior leadership to identify and build scalable solutions to increase efficiency, maximize joint value and achieve key milestones in current partnerships programs.
- Evaluate and maintain partner engagement by building trusted relationships with partners and developing a thorough understanding of their priorities and challenges. Work with partners to identify areas of potential friction and develop case studies that demonstrate impact.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5-8 years of work experience in business development, partner management, operations, or a similar role in the technology sector and/or management consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Capability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners. Comfort leading leadership-level discussions.
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals. Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working cross-functionally, particularly with product, engineering and partner stakeholders.
It’s preferred if you have:
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- Experience bringing nascent / pre-commercial technology to market
- Experience working in mobility and/or transportation
- MBA a plus (not required)
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.