Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Use your knowledge of complex hardware/software systems, systems engineering best practices, and program management principles to contribute to a comprehensive collision avoidance test program for each of Waymo’s autonomous driving products.
- Support test planning, scenario sampling and discovery, and test execution. Drive tooling and process improvements. Use your well-honed organization influence to leverage the skills and experience of other teams when needed.
- Work with technical teams to deeply understand the collision avoidance problem space and help them prioritize the right long-term solutions to be working on. Lead useful trade studies that inform where to allocate risk and complexity across the system.
- Support test and design reviews for senior leadership and other stakeholders.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years relevant work experience in robotics, aerospace or automotive/trucking systems engineering, product management, or equivalent project management experience ata technology company
- Graduate degree in a technical, quantitative, or finance--oriented field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with detailed data analysis
- Coding knowledge in SQL and Python/C
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience at an industry-leading ADAS company or OEM program (trucking industry preferred), leading development and/or testing work, and making significant contributions to the overall conceptual development of complex ADAS products
- Experience shipping production-ready systems
- Strong physics fundamentals
- Superior problem-solving, critical thinking, written/verbal communication skills (framing and storytelling), teamwork, and interpersonal skills with senior leaders
- Experience executing complex strategic and technical initiatives
- Proven ability to work with team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business and engineering problems. This position requires working effectively with cross functional groups
- Experience implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity.
- Experience in strategy, change management, and rolling-out large scale initiatives
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.