Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this role, you’ll:
- Coach, develop, and set the priorities for the Hyderabad Mapping Operations team members
- Build strong relationships with and drive operational excellence across the vendor team, including leading contract renewals, facilitating monthly business reviews, and resolving day-to-day operational issues/escalations.
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation and efficiency improvements with existing processes, propose solutions, and drive implementation of changes
- Manage large projects from concept to launch by developing realistic project estimates and coordinating with stakeholders including Engineering, Product Management, and Operations
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress and team performance to program teams, executives and other sponsors
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business discipline
- Overall 8+ years of work experience managing large-scale and dynamic teams, including at least 3+ years direct People Management experience
- Experience working with and/or managing vendor operations teams
- Proven collaboration and communications skills working with globally distributed teams and multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with data analysis/metrics definition
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of your time
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience leading successful operational transformations (Lean/Six Sigma experience a plus!)
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Strong technical skills - able to work closely/credibly with highly technical engineering teams
- Familiarity with Dremel/SQL scripts
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.