Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams to map system requirements to ASIC specifications
- Architect, specify, and develop mixed-signal silicon for Waymo’s sensing systems
- Design and simulate circuits for custom mixed-signal silicon
- Collaborate with digital and system architects to optimize the overall designs
- Drive silicon bringup, debug, and characterization of mixed-signal sensing path circuitry
At the minimum, we'd like for you to have:
- Master’s Degree in EE (or related field)
- At least 5 years experience developing mixed-signal circuitry, with a background in high-speed signal paths and converters
- Experience architecting signal paths for sensing systems and exploring system-level tradeoffs between various implementation strategies
- Expertise in modeling and simulation of analog signal paths and non-idealities for architecture exploration and specification discovery
- Experience overseeing mixed-signal implementation teams, providing guidance and critical review of their work
- Strong technical skills across all phases of silicon development, from concept and architecture development, through verification, validation and test, to qual and production
It's preferred if you have:
- 8+ years of experience, PhD preferred
- Prior experience developing automotive-grade silicon from concept to production. Specific focus on silicon characterization and manufacturing test, reliability, and fault metrics
- Prior experience with lidar, radar, or other automotive sensing systems
- Prior experience designing high-speed wireline interfaces
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.