Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Waymo Safety team works to promote and help to continuously improve the safety of Waymo’s fully self-driving vehicles. Our experts develop safety goals and strategies, and conduct safety engineering analyses to ensure safety is being considered throughout the design and development of our vehicles. The team develops and promotes safety strategies and policies for autonomous vehicles for its work with regulatory authorities, lawmakers, law enforcement and public and non-profit organizations. Our Safety Team also helps advise on compliance with applicable environmental, health, and safety regulations.
In this Environmental, Health, Safety Program Analyst role, you'll:
- Build strong working partnerships with the EHS managers and People Relations team, to actively monitor and report on safety measures in place, ensuring that our workforce is supported and informed of updates, and any process improvements, in an effective manner
- Develop metrics and present data in periodic safety meetings as well as proactively to the People Relations team, suggesting ideas and changes that would be important
- Manage, coordinate and ensure appropriate response from internal leaders, of any internal questions on our safety protocol, working closely with Waymo’s People Relations team to ensure quality and responsiveness to support our workforce
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety protocols, monitoring and managing response to questions about Safety training, site safety layers in place, in person screening, working closely with our Waymo People Relations team to align with our guidelines
- Participate in EHS and People Relations discussions about continual process improvement, with the employee/worker experience and Safety as top priorities
- Will spend approximately 75% of time working with the People Relations team until the pandemic has been resolved; partnering closely with the EHS team as well; then will be focused more on the EHS team efforts going forward
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS/AA or equivalent experience
- Compliance with OSHA, EHS, or other process
- Strong, demonstrated, collaboration skills with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Past experience in a dynamic workforce, balancing multiple priorities
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Past work with People/HR teams working on customer service, or the employee experience, effectively responding to employees
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management and multitasking skills.
- Experience and familiarity with the development and implementation of various EHS programs
- Good process skills; or six sigma, process excellent awareness
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.