Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
While our Waymo Driver is autonomous, our financial strategy is steered by experts like you. Waymo is seeking a talented Corporate Finance Senior Associate to join our dynamic team, reporting directly to the Treasurer and Head of Investor Relations. As a core part of the Waymo Finance organization, the Treasury and Investor Relations team optimizes Waymo’s capital structure and financial return while limiting volatility and risk. The team supports the investors in Waymo’s recently closed financing round, partners closely with other functional groups, conducts complex financial analysis, and advises on Waymo investments, financings and strategic initiatives.
In this role, you’ll:
- Monitor & derive insights from market activity: review and analyze general industry performance, sell-side research, valuation indicators and macro economic trends and events and provide analyses to Waymo senior leadership and Operating Board, thereby informing the business on real-time developments and opportunities pertaining to our strategy
- Create and refine valuation support materials and develop valuation presentations and models for various internal, Operating Board and Alphabet needs
- Manage the day to day relationship with Waymo’s current investors, including compliance with Waymo’s information rights responsibilities and responding to investor inquiries and requests
- Support development and execution of Waymo’s investor engagement plan ensuring strong engagement, understanding and alignment with our key internal and external stakeholders
- Devise and implement processes and systems to enable the effective and efficient operation of the team and support on ad hoc projects, financial models and financings, as needed
- Work closely with Company leadership team, CFO, and the Treasurer & Head of IR to foster strong communications with investors
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 8+ years total experience in at least two of: equity research, financial communications, investor relations, investment banking, preferably working within, or covering high growth technology or transportation companies
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g., business, economics, finance); MBA preferred
- Expert level financial analysis skills and experience in financial communications for executive and investor audiences
- Passion for driving insights on Waymo’s capital markets context and building our Treasury and IR team capabilities
- Superior problem solving and project management skills; demonstrated ability to lead, and collaborate within cross-functional teams
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.