Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Fleet Infrastructure Engineering is a cooperative and tight-knit group in charge of building the systems that will manage and optimize a large fleet of truly driverless vehicles - something that has never been done before. We are a diverse group of talented Software Engineers, and we need more curious and collaborative people to help us build this system from the ground up.
In this Software Engineering role, you’ll:
- Design and build the front end Web UIs for relevant teams to interact with the operations system
- Collaborate and work closely with other teams at Waymo, including other software, hardware and product teams to deliver a system that optimizes for Waymo and all its needs as a whole
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar discipline. An equivalent amount of real-life experience is also welcome
- 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Familiarity with front end web development
It’s preferred if you have:
- MS degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Strong front end web development background
- Excellent communication skills - both technically with other engineers, and with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience or interest in a cross-functional environment - we work with many different roles to build solutions for Waymo, our problem spaces typically require more than just software
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.