Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Maintain active presence in design stages of product development; guide teams with EMC design principles, including schematics, PCB layout design and simulations
- Drive design efforts toward EMC compliance
- Work closely with the cross-functional team to ensure highest quality products and processes are developed and deployed
- Debug EMC/EMI problems and deep dive into root causes
- Review and tailor EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance, creation of test reports, procedures, control plans and guidelines, cost reduction EMC evaluations and second source component evaluation
- Attend technical committees, updating the teams with latest regulations and any potential impact to our products
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics, medical devices, automotive or aerospace industry
- Have knowledge of international EMC regulations, standards (include, but are not limited to CISPR, IEC/EN, ETSI, ISO, FCC) and test methods
- Thorough understanding of factors influencing EMC including emissions/immunity/ESD/automotive transients and mitigating techniques
- Highly skilled in PCB level EMC design as well as connector and enclosure design
- Skilled in EMC debug techniques and be able to accurately perform emissions and immunity testing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.