Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Drive metric creation through productionization, focusing on the ML labeling and triage pipeline to improve data quality and ultimately metric performance
- Take the labeling / triage pipeline and automate to the maximum extent, allowing more time for novel discovery and creation of a strategy to guide evaluation for the future
- Partner closely with engineering managers to prioritize and manage multiple metric creation workstreams, resolving misalignments with overall scope and schedule and taking the initiative to identify and resolve ways in which the team isn't setting itself up for success
- Perform experiments to improve triage/labeling quality (e.g., compare 2 sets of instructions / triage methods and determine which approach yields the best results)
- Coordinate among many eval-related teams and the teams that support them, including training, interfacing with, and providing feedback to Ops associates doing labeling / triage
- Act as the “expert” for large-scale labeling and triage, and drive creation or improvements in cross-functional processes
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3-5 years as Labeling Project/Program manager
- BS Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Management experience
- Robotics / autonomous vehicle technology experience
- Python, SQL
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.