Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Wherever Waymo works, Business Support teams are on the job. We’re the real estate specialists who find and build amazing workspaces and research facilities; the systems experts who develop and run our intuitive IT and business tools; the multitasking administrators who plan events, manage vendors, and orchestrate the daily activities of our teams and leaders. Together, we do everything it takes to keep Waymo rolling.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for delivering workplace occupancy planning recommendations/ briefs in support of a rapidly growing real estate portfolio; from day-to-day space planning to informing mid-term strategies to measuring impact via post-occupancy reviews and space KPIs
- Work with various internal business units (with some guidance) to translate complex space requests into efficient space solutions; completing capacity/ utilization analyses, validating headcount growth, creating stacking plans, meeting user adjacencies, and evaluating densification
- Clean, update, and maintain our space and occupancy data integrity/ sources of truth, while providing consistent and accurate reporting via dashboards and Google Workspace
- Create space programming guidelines and design standards/ concepts to gain efficiencies in space planning process that can be scaled globally
- Leverage strong knowledge of industry best practices and benchmarks to inform innovative space strategies, including Future of Work trends (e.g., hoteling, hybrid seating programs, etc.)
- Coordinate requests for moves, adds, and changes (MAC) with the Facilities team
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in commercial space planning, design, architecture, facilities, construction
- Highly proficient with an array of tools, including but not limited to AutoCAD, Adobe CS, MS Excel, and Google Workspace
- Experience working with various space typologies; Office, R&D Lab, Call Center
- Ability to read and interpret floors plans, construction documents, with solid understanding of building codes
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience managing and maintaining space/ occupancy data in IWMS/ CAFM systems
- Superior project management skills (design, construction, vendor management are pluses!), with the ability to problem-solve independently, proactively, and shift priorities as required to meet deadlines
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.