Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Compute Team is tasked with a critical and exciting mission: We deliver the compute platform responsible for running the fully autonomous vehicle’s software stack. To achieve our mission, we architect and create high-performance custom silicon; we develop system-level compute architectures that push the boundaries of performance, power, and latency; and we collaborate closely with many other teammates to ensure we design and optimize hardware and software for maximum performance. We are a multidisciplinary team seeking curious and talented teammates to work on one of the world’s highest performance automotive compute platforms.
In this role, you'll:
- Architect, simulate, evaluate and design amazing accelerators for our self-driving cars
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams to identify opportunities for significant performance or power improvements via accelerators
- Build scalable tools for modeling and performance evaluation
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years as a silicon or compute architect
- 3+ years experience with compute acceleration
- Experience with CPUs, GPUs, memory systems, and accelerators
- Experience with performance simulation and modeling in C++
- Experience driving power-powerformance-area trades
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with machine learning acceleration and optimization
- Experience with SystemVerilog and HLS implementation
- Experience with SoC interconnects and NoCs
- Experience with frequency and power optimizations
- Familiarity with video, DSP, Ethernet, and PCIe
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.