Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Compute Team is tasked with a critical and exciting mission: We deliver the compute platform responsible for running the fully autonomous vehicle’s software stack. To achieve our mission, we architect and create high-performance custom silicon; we develop system-level compute architectures that push the boundaries of performance, power, and latency; and we collaborate closely with many other teammates to ensure we design and optimize hardware and software for maximum performance. We are a multidisciplinary team seeking curious and talented teammates to work on one of the world’s highest performance automotive compute platforms.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with researchers to discover compute acceleration needs
- Specify, architect, and design hardware accelerators that process sensor data and other system compute workloads
- Perform power, area and performance trade-off analyses of digital designs
- Create and run software that tests digital designs in simulation and bringup
- Integrate embedded processors and DSPs and develop toolchains
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of industry experience with Verilog and SystemVerilog, RTL digital microarchitecture
- Extensive experience with C/C++
- Experience with High Level Synthesis (HLS)
- Knowledge of computer architecture and on-chip communication buses
It's preferred if you have:
- Master's or PhD degree in Engineering
- Experience with Catapult and/or Vivado HLS
- Experience with the full digital design verification cycle -- from spec through bring-up
- Experience with performance and power validation, digital design (RTL), and formal verification
- Experience with machine learning and other high performance compute elements
- Experience with industry standard protocols, interfaces, and IP components, such as PCIe, DDR, Ethernet, and NoCs
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.