Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully autonomous driving technology. Our software allows the Waymo Driver to perceive the world around it, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate closely with a creative team of engineers and researchers.
- Analyze dependencies and interactions in a complex robotic system and creatively overcome limitations of individual components and sensor modalities through orchestration, fusion or design of missing links.
- Prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to cutting-edge perception problems.
- Gain a deep understanding of not only the self-driving technology, but also its real-world challenges and how to convert such technology into real products.
We’d like you to have at a minimum:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ YOE with hands-on experience in robotics or autonomous systems projects (2+ years).
- Strong algorithm and C++ programming skills.
It’s preferred if you have
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in robotics, autonomous systems or a related field.
- Extensive experience in robotics/autonomous systems.
- Industry research or production experience.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.