Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
In this role you will provide financial oversight, analytical insights, business planning and forecasting support for teams across Waymo. You will provide analytical perspectives and recommendations to important strategic decisions, assist our business partners in building and managing effective relationships with suppliers, OEM partners and other internal and external stakeholders.
You will work effectively across multiple Alphabet Finance teams. You will be recognized as a cross functional leader in providing insights, advice and direction to effectively inform the rapid growth of the business and achievement of both strategic and operational objectives.
We are forging new paths! So you’ll need to be able to leverage your technical and business experience, plus a hands-on attitude, to jump in, figure things out and drive collaboration and great outcomes for the business.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Conduct deal modeling and analysis, including consideration of strategic alternatives, contract review and revision of key financial terms
- Model P&L and cash flows for various company-wide business lines
- Maintain the company’s budgeting and forecasting tools and processes for various engineering, operational, and other business teams
- Engage with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decision support including items such as deal review, PO approvals and TVC requests
- Work with cost center owners to develop and maintain rolling monthly and annual forecasts and understand sources of variances and uncertainty
- Preparing executive presentations for budget, forecast and business analysis
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Stellar business acumen with strong financial modeling skills and familiarity with financial statements
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making and influence outcomes
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- BS/BA/MBA in Finance, Accounting or Business related
- 3+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis
- Modeling P&L’s and Cash flows for various company-wide business lines
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is on site)
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
Note: As the situation around COVID-19 remains unclear, unless otherwise stated this is going to be a remote internship position. We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, you will need to apply to each one individually - please apply to the top 3 roles you are interested in.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.