Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
We work closely with onboard engineers to solve problems in an end to end fashion. You will be working on all aspects of the modeling life cycle (labeling, training, evaluation, inference), put your models to work, and measure impact on the overall system.
- Building backend infrastructure for storing and processing many forms of map data
- Applying automated techniques to generate maps from raw data
- Improving our internal tools for viewing and editing maps
- Scaling our systems to support mapping the world
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Hands-on machine learning experience - ideally on image recognition problems.
- Willingness to own problems end-to-end and work on various parts of the system
- A passion for good software engineering
- Experience with tensorflow and/or C++
- Experience with large-scale data processing using frameworks like Google Data Flow or Apache Bean
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.