Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Perform in vehicle testing as part of the functional verification of the autonomous platform. Testing may include both passenger car and commercial vehicle platforms.
- Test execution at both local and offsite locations
- Organize test campaigns subject to project milestones and verification cycle.
- Write test plans and procedures
- Perform objective and subjective vehicle assessment using commercially available and Waymo-developed tools and methods
- Translate motion control architecture and actuator requirements to verification tests and execute in vehicle
- Analyze test results and report findings
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 7+ years of Systems Test experience
- Comprehensive driving and vehicle control skills (professional and/or industry certifications appreciated)
- Commercial vehicle test experience is highly beneficial
- Comfortable executing in-vehicle tests on a regular basis
- Proficient with vehicle test equipment
- GNSS and inertial test equipment (OXTS, Applanix, Racelogic, Kistler etc.)
- Data acquisition (DAQ) test equipment (Vector CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe and Etas INCA, MDA etc.)
- Test scripting understanding/execution for in-vehicle test automation (including C/C++, Python, Matlab/Simulink)
- Bachelor and/or Master's degree in a relevant engineering or a related field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience of system engineering principles such as defining requirements and formal verification and validation methods
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.