Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
We’ve been developing our own set of sensors from the ground up since 2011, making Waymo the first company in the world to put fully autonomous cars on public roads. In early 2019 we started making these sensors available to companies outside of the autonomous vehicle industry. The Lidar Business team is a team within Waymo focused on selling our lidars to the world to help others achieve their own technological breakthroughs. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will work cross functionally & have a significant impact on building our fast-growing lidar business within the company of Waymo.
In this Lidar Application Engineering Manager role, you will:
- Support a highly technical product & act as key Waymo representative and relationship manager to facilitate additional sales. , liaising regularly with Sales & Engineering
- Work with senior-level engineers and product managers to help define the product roadmap for our emerging business
- Manage the Customer Service team to build out processes that support our growing customer base, collaborating closely with Sales, Legal, Finance, Marketing and Engineering
- Ad hoc programmatic & project support for team wide initiatives
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 6-8 years of customer support experience in the technology sector supporting a highly technical product
- 3+ years experience in a sales supporting role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking, project management, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners. Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals; ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Experience working cross-functionally, particularly with product, engineering and partner stakeholders
- Experience managing a small team; Experience managing contractors
It’s preferred if you have:
- Customer Support experience with highly technical products in start-up environments, preferably working with Lidars
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- MBA is a plus
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.