Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the professionals who enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with software release, engineering, and product teams to understand demand for our trucking, ride hailing and testing operations
- Deeply understand any supply constraints in a given period, and work with on-the-ground teams to alleviate bottlenecks
- Own the allocation of drivers and vehicles to Waymo’s development priorities
- Support new market launch planning & strategy
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 4+ years of work experience in a combination of strategy roles (strategy consulting, business operations, investment banking/private equity, or equivalent fields) or in supply / demand planning, forecasting, or operations planning.
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel or Google Sheets
- Comfort in leadership-level business discussions and able to effectively communicate complex data to wide audiences
- Independent and practical approach to problem-solving with demonstrated impact
- Experience working as part of a high-performance team
It's preferred if you have:
- Moderate application of SQL (e.g., nested queries, joins, anti-joins, analytic functions and windows)
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.