Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Design, prototype, debug, and deliver circuits for next generation LiDAR designs
- Solve problems in new designs in the lab and using simulation tools
- Develop new power, analog, digital, and controls circuits
- Solve hard problems that are on the edge of the capabilities dictated by physics
- Deliver designs that comply with automotive qualification, reliability and compliance standards
- Collaborate with strong partners across vendors, manufacturing, and internal engineering disciplines to deliver highly integrated designs
At the minimum, we'd like for you to have:
- 4+ years industry experience in design engineering roles
- Willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
- Experience in board level circuit design
It's preferred if you have:
- Altium or Cadence CAD
- Embedded processors / microcontrollers / FPGA experience
- Busses / technology - SPI, I2C, LVDS, CAN, Ethernet
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.