Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
Note: When expressing interest in this position, please include a portfolio link with samples of your work.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers, and engineers to understand user needs, work flows, and existing solutions in an effort to design internal tools across a wide variety of teams at Waymo while leading cross-functional sessions to define problems, identify solutions, and build consensus
- Work in quick iterative cycles to build both low and high fidelity prototypes and partner with research to test and refine
- Leverage your up-to-date knowledge of human interface guidelines, standards, best practices and emerging technologies to design detailed UI specifications while evolving Waymo’s Internal Tools design system to meet the needs of your domains
- Collaborate closely with user research, project management, engineering and data science to ensure the right questions are being asked and the right problems are being solved in an impactful way
- Participate in design critiques to continually raise the team’s bar for quality, evangelize best practices, and explore innovative approaches to UX/UI design
- Utilize all available data points—subject matter experts, analytics and user research—to make informed design decisions and rely on your intuition to fill in the gaps
We’d like you to have:
- Strong portfolio showcasing the complex problem solving skills and high quality design solutions
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience designing enterprise tools
- Comfortable learning about complex workflows (eg, how does someone manage a fleet of cars? how does someone create efficiency for over 500 people in multiple locations performing complex tasks?)
- Lead the design of large-scale projects from concept through execution with little oversight
- The ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, be a self-starter, and be comfortable switching between vision-level and pixel-level work
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders
- Experience in transportation as a service or mobility at a technology company
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.