Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Drive Behavior Prediction programs from design through productionization. The team recently started their “Next Gen BP” system to overhaul their software stack, and strong TPMs are needed to organize and break down the problem to maximize efficient execution.
- Leverage your deep technical and analytical ability to optimize the quality of predicted trajectories
- Coordinate and communicate across multiple teams such as Perception, Planner, Research, Simulation, and Data Science
- Be expected to build strong connections between the Perception and Planner teams, leading a portfolio of programs and launching new features continuously
At the minimum we'd like you to have:
- 12+ years of technical program management experience
- Strong technical depth in math, statistics, robotics, and/or software architecture
- A BS Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
It's preferred if you have:
- Robotics / autonomous vehicle technology experience
- Python, SQL
- Statistical modeling, probability, and prediction experience
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.