Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Manage daily build checks, pre-push onboard release testing, logistics, communication, and documentation. This involves coordination with multiple Waymo teams (driving operations, software quality operations, software, hardware, offboard, and systems engineers, customer experience, product)
- Evaluate risk of issues affecting upcoming onboard releases, as well as risk of proposed fixes; perform change control
- Manage release branch creation and investigate and address integration, build, and other technical issues
- Find ways to optimize and accelerate existing processes and procedures, develop new ones in order to support Waymo’s evolving program goals (includes identifying and managing dependencies on hardware, firmware, changing regulatory landscape), scaling the release vetting process to multiple platforms and hardware versions, multiple locations, new road types, and weather conditions
- Ensure documentation is known and used and/or adopted by others to make a project or program repeatable and scalable
At the minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience as a release manager, test engineer or TPM/PgM with equivalent responsibilities
It's preferred if you have:
- Able to recognize technical dependencies in projects across the org
- Ability to identify technical issues and understand how to resolve them
- Able to manage and prioritize an overall program that spans multiple projects, services or organizations
- Experience mentoring and training up others to assist in key projects
- Able to supplement effective project management with analytical, technical and leadership skills to deliver complex projects and manage the relationships among them
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts and risks clearly and persuasively in a highly eng-driven environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.