Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our Driver may be autonomous, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own and maintain an integrated financial viewpoint across the business. You and your team will be responsible for financial models to support Waymo’s business, working closely with all stakeholders to accurately reflect and distill business thinking to drive decision-making and to operate the business. This function also will ensure appropriate visibility and oversight for key Waymo and Alphabet stakeholders
- Build rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, key success metrics and financial performance, leveraging core systems infrastructure as appropriate and creating new capabilities as required
- Lead analysis and engagement to drive cross-functional strategic initiatives on behalf of the C-suite and Board of Directors. This person will be a true thought partner to Waymo’s leadership and be able to think across functions and silos to identify interdependencies, risks, and opportunities for synergies
- Partner with a subset of senior executives to support all aspects of the business and to develop a deep understanding of cross-functional interdependencies, including Software & Hardware Engineering, Product, Supply Chain, and Automotive Partnerships and beyond. You will be expected to be a part of strategy development working to enable efficient execution that drives growth and optimizes margins
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration across the Waymo Finance team and with other Alphabet Finance functions plus internal Waymo partners, supporting the development of seasoned team members and promoting the continued innovation and effectiveness of Waymo Finance
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field
- 12+ years of progressive, hands-on management and leadership experience in finance FP&A, management consulting, corporate strategy or similar
- Experience executing at scale and building/developing/mentoring superior finance teams; understanding of finance business partner best practices; outstanding financial leadership skills with an emphasis on translating financial insights into operational recommendations; track record of identifying opportunities for business improvement and defining/measuring success
- Strong understanding of the executive decision-making process and corporate strategy development; ability to communicate, influence and form strong working relationships at executive level; proven success in making high impact contributions at both the strategic and operational level
- A self-starter with a bias to action; ability and willingness to be hands-on and dive into the detail; self-directed in an unstructured, high growth, fast paced environment; comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; experience working with large datasets
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA, CPA, and/or experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, or the Big 4
- Ability to understand leading edge hardware and software technologies; hardware, manufacturing, supply chain experience preferred; Transportation industry experience is a plus
- Exceptional financial systems and productivity tools skills and experience (MS Excel, SQL & Relational Database/Analysis Tools, SAP, Google Productivity Suite)
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.