Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the professionals who enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
Technical Fleet Operations is a dynamic team tasked with maintaining Waymo’s autonomous driving fleet. Our role is critical in ensuring fleet uptime and safety. This is achieved by installing, repairing, and troubleshooting custom-built computers, high-tech autonomous driving sensors, and modules. Our team works closely with engineers and other teams to ensure the proprietary technology can progress rapidly. Excellent communication and teamwork are fundamental aspects of our culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage a high-functioning team responsible for scaling our fleet and advancement of Waymo’s technology across multiple sites.
- Develop and implement the operational procedures to service and maintain this growing fleet, optimizing with our in-house technicians and partners to enable the highest feasible fleet uptime.
- Lead the team to provide direct support to fleet maintenance and R&D team efforts, ensuring proper uptime escalation to engineering in order to achieve our goals at scale.
- In collaboration with other regional operations leads, establish and deliver on performance objectives, aligned with Waymo’s fleet objectives, and ensure the tracking and reporting of metrics and performance against these key performance indicators.
- Establish fleet maintenance policies, procedures, programs, and best practices to foster a strong culture of quality and execution.
- Work with operations and EHS leaders to develop and enforce safety protocols and standards aligned with industry best practices.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the management of fleet maintenance functions.
- 5+ years of experience managing an operations team, including experience managing employees and coordinating with third-party vendor partners.
- 3+ years’ experience in budgeting & managing a P&L.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment across a continuous operation.
Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays, when needed.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.