Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As an Administrative Business Partner, you're at the heart of your team's business operations and activities, constantly keeping the team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the rapidly evolving environment, while staying up-to-date with the latest Waymo developments. You’ll also use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects & OKRs. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
In this role, you will:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage very busy calendars, book occasional travel/events, process expenses, schedule facilities and equipment, etc.)
- Coordinate duties for multiple offices
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies
- Help leaders by understanding teams needs and pain points
- Serve as a project lead for, and manager of, small projects on an as-needed basis
- Mentor new team members, and setup tools to onboard new team members quickly
- Manage facility space needs for the team as the company grows
- Manage team initiatives & misc projects: Team All hands, homepage, onboarding, communication, team events/summits/various team meetings, and company-wide events
We’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of direct executive support, project management or event planning experience in a technology-related environment supporting directors or above with large, diverse teams
- Experience with and interest in using new tools and technology to improve work efficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, with the ability to proactively apply them when solving operational issues from conception to completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships; effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions and an ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently
- Experience with providing strategic support such as evaluating data or resolving minor operational issues with your manager's guidance
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.