Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Design and produce industry-leading sensor technologies
- Product Area : Lidar
- Take ownership and manage your own products and systems
- Collaborate with electrical engineering, manufacturing, vehicle engineering, reliability, and industrial design
- Work on projects for prototyping through mass production
- Design for improved manufacturability and cost reduction
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics, automotive sensors, or related product design experience
- Proficient with 3D CAD tools
- Demonstrated creative design abilities and attention to detail
- Experience with tolerance analysis, GD&T, BOM management, PLM release processes
- Experience designing metal, plastic, and elastomer parts
It’s preferred if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in opto-mechanical, consumer electronics, automotive sensors, or related product design experience
- Experience with integrating optomechanical/RF features/components in product designs
- Solidworks and/or CATIA proficiency
- Experience working with/visiting international vendors
- Ability to design for micro-electro mechanical systems, within optical, thermal, mechanical and environmental constraints
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.