Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- You and your team will develop software and hardware to enable integration, verification, and regression testing including continuous integration infrastructure, automation capabilities, analysis tools, and hardware-in-the-loop integrations
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage top-notch engineers to meet the needs of large-scale autonomous vehicle deployment
- Create a team environment that fosters inclusion, diversity, and respect, and allows team members to thrive personally and professionally
- Guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration
- Proactively identify safety, technical, and program risks and work with partners and stakeholders to develop and drive mitigation strategies
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of industry experience with C/C++ and integrated hardware and software development
- 2 or more years of direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to grow and manage high performing teams and organizations
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience integrating dissimilar hardware and software components into simulation framework(s)
- Experience developing hardware-in-the-loop test capabilities and/or continuous integration testing of hardware and software.
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, assisted driving technology, or other safety critical systems
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.