Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage top-notch engineers to meet the needs of large-scale autonomous vehicle deployment
- Create a team environment that fosters inclusion, diversity, and respect, and allows team members to thrive personally and professionally
- You and your team will develop software to enable verification, integration, and regression testing including continuous integration infrastructure, automation capabilities, analysis tools, and hardware-in-the-loop integrations
- You and your team will develop hardware and software to integrate autonomous driving systems and vehicle platform components into Waymo’s automated testing environments
- You and your team will be responsible for building and automating a variety of test capabilities (or collaborating to get those capabilities built) that ensure the performance, integrity, and safety of Waymo’s autonomous driving technology
- Proactively identify safety, technical, and program risks and work with partners and stakeholders to develop and drive mitigation strategies
- Ensure safe testing operations by developing appropriate processes, training, and oversight
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3 or more years of direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to grow and lead high performing teams and organizations
- 8 or more years in integrated hardware and software testing
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Testing automation experience (including C/C++, Python)
- Experience developing hardware-in-the-loop test capabilities and/or continuous integration testing of hardware and software.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Knowledge in system engineering principles such as defining requirements, and formal verification and validation methods
- Experience developing and driving integration or design verification programs
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, assisted driving technology, or other safety critical systems
- Software Engineering experience (including C/C++, Python) with embedded systems and/or test infrastructure
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.