Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Guide the roadmap of our structured safety testing programs that uses simulation to measure and verify the performance of our self-driving system. Prioritize extracting more signal with fewer miles, as well as automation and scalability.
- Work with Systems Engineering, Simulation Engineering, Data Science, Onboard Software Engineering, Legal and Safety teams across the organization to align program requirements and milestones
- Develop new strategies and approaches to maximize learning from Waymo’s real and simulated driving miles, as well as from external data sources
- Ensure that onboard software developers can easily understand and use the signals from our safety programs
We’d like you to have:
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Strong technical background (CS Degree, technical field or equivalent practical experience)
- Strategy and analytical skills; Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision
- Strong skills in problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- Ability to think about long-term product vision, and then decompose that into concrete, actionable plans
It’s preferred if you have:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a transportation or autonomous systems role with a focus on safety requirements
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.