Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
As a Fleet Manager, at the highest level, you will ensure the Fleet(s) have the right vehicles in the right places with the right configurations. In order to achieve this, you will work closely with different stakeholders to ensure execution plans are communicated and followed. This dynamic role involves all facets of a fleet: vehicles, HW, SW, configuration management, operations, and compliance.
Additionally, you will work as a liaison with supply and demand, helping to communicate forecasting needs, potential issues, and timelines. As new locations and markets come to light, Fleet re-balancing and allocation will also be a critical part of the this role.
In this role, you will:
- Actively manage the fleet and execute vehicle plans based on inputs from supply/demand forecasting, vehicle configuration needs, and location volume
- Drive and lead any vehicle/HW campaigns and upgrades across the fleet, including planning, vehicle status, and compliance
- Coordinate Vehicle/HW Configuration management and validation by working with cross functional stakeholders to align on priorities, change management, and impact of configuration changes to fleet
- Facilitate communication between key Fleet stakeholders, specifically in deciding priorities of competing tasks, overlapping campaigns, and setting expectations of tasks.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on Fleet tracking capabilities and tooling by working with engineering and ProdOps on tooling needs, improvements, and tracking.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 4+ years of experience in fleet planning and/or organization management related to fleets
- Excellent communication/negotiation skills and organizational efficiency
It's preferred if you have:
- 2+ years of experience working with IT infrastructure (including SW deployment, fleet-wide roll outs, IT campaigns) and/or with fleet upgrades
- Expertise in forecasting with supply/demand, specifically with regards to fleet numbers or volume
- Expertise with scaling fleets, processes, or people (especially expanding vehicle fleets and creating process/vendor relationships to achieve scaling)
- Firsthand knowledge and prior use of Dashboarding, SQL, and analytics - ideally with emphasis on improving fleet efficiency with data
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.