Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our Driver may be autonomous, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you'll:
- Oversee finance operations executed by our BPO partners at global locations to deliver process excellence focusing on customer satisfaction, quality, scale, controls, and compliance to local regulations
- Execute day to day operations related to accounts payable function
- Manage escalations for urgent issues and support high touch executives
- Design KPI and related monitoring, reporting and analyses to drive effective process improvements to lead and maintain compliance in all Accounts Payable related activities
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Operations or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Finance Operations, Operations, or Process Optimization
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA, Master's and/or professional qualifications such as Six Sigma certification
- Experience working with AP systems in SAP or equivalent. Manufacturing industry experience with both direct and indirect purchasing/Accounts Payable processes
- Success working in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and leading complex operations initiatives. Ability to independently drive and prioritize multiple initiatives
- The ability to lead an outsourced global operation and set the strategic vision. Strong influencing skills and change management experience
- Excellent communication, customer service, and people skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.