Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead, manage and develop a team and coordinate on service needs with vendor partners
- Ensure effective creation and deployment of company processes and policies to achieve safe and efficient operations
- Develop plans to strategically scale operations in new markets (vehicles, labour), accounting for safety and regulatory requirements while balancing AV technology deployment needs
- Work with other operational leads to influence and drive operational improvements and efficiencies
- Ensure timely information cascade to the team and act as the primary communications point of contact
- Communicate with cross-functional partners, organizing and prioritizing special test requests and events
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Strong people and operations management experience in large organizations, with multiple levels of employees and skill sets.
- People management experience
- Experience coordinating with vendor partners on service deliverables
- 2 years+ leading day-to-day operations, with an outstanding track record on improving processes
- Organized, data-driven, strategically focused and with ability to multitask in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite ambiguity
- Must adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations and overtime when needed. Moonlight shifts generally begin around 12 AM, with specific schedules to be set by your manager
- Ability to lead large teams directly and influence cross functional teams
It’s preferred if you have:
- Ability to dive deep into the data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Experience in delivering presentations to executive leadership team, peers, managers and staff
- Ability to proactively identify problems and issues across workflows then create workflows, programs and procedures to solve them
- 2 years+ experience leading operations in transportation, logistics or trucking operations and/or AV operations
- Experience operating in a matrix organization
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.