Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Operations team keeps the business rolling to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We enable our fully autonomous ride-hailing service to run safely and reliably, support testing efforts of our trucking and local delivery efforts, and bring our expertise to guide business decisions. We are the heart of Waymo -- and we execute with purpose and urgency to achieve our goals.
In this role, you'll:
- Effectively manage all aspects of your shift’s daily operation including acting as the point of escalation for all Fleet Response Specialists, properly executing of emergency procedures and Fleet Response SOPs
- Exhibit strong leadership capabilities and emphasize collaboration amongst your team
- Effectively communicate with peers and Fleet Response Specialists to maintain consistent messaging across the team
- Measure and own/improve the quality of your team’s interactions with our vehicles and make judgements based on those assessments
- Serve as a Fleet Response Subject Matter Expert who knows the Fleet Response tool functionality inside and out and can teach others to be the most impactful Fleet Response Specialists
- Use data analysis to drive decisions for our Fleet Response team and in support of a flawless rider experience
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS/BA or 4+ years experience managing operational programs or people
- 2 years of experience working in QA or Operations
- 2 years of experience in personnel management
- 2 years of experience in project management
- Must adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations and overtime when needed. Moonlight shifts generally begin around 11 PM, with specific schedules to be set by your manager
It's preferred if you have:
- 3 years of operations management experience including scaling operations
- Experience supporting company growth/scaling needs
- Superb communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.