Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s workplace services and facilities are steered by experts like you. As Head of Global Workplace Services & Facilities you will manage the team executing workplace services and facilities management, supporting Waymonaut’s environment and productivity. You will be responsible for the delivery of large-scale operations, ensuring and facilitating the successful delivery of a consistent service program in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity. This role reports to the Director of Real Estate & Workplace Services and is located in Mountain View, CA.
In this Workplace Services & Facilities role, you'll:
- Deliver world class, cost-effective workplace services to Waymonauts, including but not limited to facilities management and hard engineering services, as well as soft services such as food and beverage, transportation, reception, mail, etc.
- Be responsible for developing service strategy and best practices across global workplace, lab, industrial and manufacturing typologies to cultivate a collaborative environment that fosters innovation and productivity. Develop standards and guidelines for programs to constantly raise the bar and optimize for emerging new paradigms around workplaces
- Build a high performing team of FTEs and outsourced embedded resources, focused on managing day to day operations and services and effectively partnering with and leveraging services of 3rd party providers. Enhance team agility and career development to operate on both strategic and tactical levels to support continued improvement via unique solutions, technical improvements and elimination of waste.
- Build trusted relationships across the business and act as liaison to ensure alignment on strategic direction of global programs. Effectively communicate major initiatives, issues and policy changes to key business stakeholders, building a culture of speed, flexibility and frugality for solutioning
- Closely collaborate with REWS project management and occupancy planning teams as well as cross-functionally with legal, finance, physical security, safety, IT and HR teams in order to deliver highly successful and cohesive delivery of services
- Innovate and execute processes, tools and dashboards to monitor progress against program strategies and objectives. Create, innovate and implement relevant systems of metrics to plan, manage and measure performance pertaining to delivery of services. Provide regular program updates to management on progress and issues
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Minimum 12 years experience leading facilities management, corporate services or operations of industrial, R&D lab and commercial office of at least 0.5M square feet with a proven track record of success operating in fast-changing, complex environments
- Advanced management acumen, strategic thinking and leadership skills as well as highly developed skills managing budgets with strong financial, contract management, purchasing and forecasting expertise across multiple, varied sites
- A track record of proven objective analysis, having the ability to analyze metrics to both update management and develop process controls to improve service in an atmosphere where speed, flexibility and frugality are the norm
- Experience developing and implementing ‘out of the box’ creative process improvements and innovative solutions, as well as communicating recommendations effectively to various stakeholders and executive leadership, influencing and affecting change where needed
- Advanced people management and leadership skills, along with demonstrated success in organizational development, leading diverse teams of multiple FTEs with integrity and transparency. Experience leading global, large scale outsourced vendors (including facilities managers, engineers, technicians, janitorial services, food service and front desk), managing vendor service contracts and RFP process, preparing contracts and POs, as well as reviewing and approving invoices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in a formal setting, and ability to adapt communication to articulate program goals to a wide audience in a simple, straightforward way
It’s preferred if you have:
- Business relationship management expertise
- Experience managing light industrial facilities, including those housing light manufacturing, maintenance and repair
- Experience managing laboratory facilities, including both hard and light lab environments with technical aptitude to oversea related jurisdictional compliance
- Drive to work in a startup environment, ideally in tech industry with ability to learn and utilize internal tools to facilitate program administration
- BA/BS degree in related field such as business or hospitality
- Automotive and/or R&D sector experience
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.