Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the design, development, deployment and maintenance of integration processes between applications across cloud and/or on-premise using Cloud-based Middleware solutions such as Dell Boomi (Cloud Integration, Application Integration and Enterprise web services APIs)
- Own and drive multiple systems development projects, collaborating effectively across multiple teams in Waymo and Alphabet internal IT, Product and Engineering functions in addition to external technology providers and consultants
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to understand the requirements and define and develop solutions
- Establish and maintain highest levels of development practices including: technical design, solution development, systems configuration, error handling mechanism, logging and audit management, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution, and writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code
- Document and analyze current business processes and underlying systems/application and lead the architecture and delivery of integrations
- Build implementations that increase business value such as automate end-to-end business processes using industry standard methodologies of using common/re-usable services
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience with engineering complex Integration projects with SaaS & On-Premise applications
- 3+ years of experience in Dell Boomi Cloud Integration Platform
- 5+ years of experience with configuration and custom development for one or more: HR, Finance, CRM, Supply Chain, Billing, or Payment Systems
- 3+ Programming experience in Java, Python, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP), SQL
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, troubleshooting and analytical skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Dell Boomi Certified (Professional Developer and Architect)
- Knowledge and exposure to Google infrastructure and technology systems such as Google cloud platform - Cloud storage, Big Query, Cloud Pub/Sub
- Experience in building integration solutions with SAP, Ariba, Workday and Salesforce cloud systems
- Experience with EDI X12, RosettaNet and MDM
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.