Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this role, you’ll:
- Working with technical leads, build out the training development strategy and roadmap for multiple teams with diverse needs and target audiences, where the work product can be highly technical and detailed, with strict quality requirements
- Program/project manage multiple initiatives from initiation through transition to delivery
- Manage stakeholder relationships and communications for initiatives
- Report out on initiatives including successes and areas of opportunity to continuously improve training effectiveness and efficiency
- Review and approve all materials throughout the development lifecycle
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in any field and 5+ years of training development
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people and levels
- Proven experience in designing and implementing learning strategies, initiatives, and technical programs for people at all levels
- Strong strategic skills with the ability to move from strategic to tactical
It’s preferred if you have:
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Understanding of Autonomous Vehicle technical operation
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.