Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop software for board level and module level testing of sensors used in autonomous vehicles
- Work with Waymo’s Tool and Infrastructure SWEs to optimize the software infrastructure for networking with the manufacturing software systems of Waymo’s contract manufacturers
- Develop software to analyze test data
- Develop software to bring up new hardware
- Collaborate with Development and Hardware Test Engineering teams to conduct troubleshooting of PCBAs, subassemblies and systems
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering , Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong experience in Python software development
- Strong experience in Linux networking
- Basic hardware knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It's preferred if you have:
- MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Experience in embedded software development
- Strong in software algorithm
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- International experience, particularly in Asia and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.