Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this role, you’ll:
- Support vendor selection, contract negotiations, on-boarding and overall vendor operations strategy
- Ensure that vendors are consistently meeting agreed upon contractual SLAs
- Work closely with various internal groups (Program Managers, Product Managers, Partnerships team) to understand business requirements, implement new processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements
- Standardize format of and lead regular vendor business reviews
- Oversee creation and track status of all Purchase Orders, including monitoring monthly accruals vs budget
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing vendor operations, preferably offshore teams
- BS Degree in Engineering, Finance, or Business
- Proven ability to lead projects from conception to launch
- Ability to proactively anticipate challenges and obstacles and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Contract negotiation experience
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams spread across multiple geographies
- Previous experience managing budgets and forecasts of an operations focused team
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.