Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Software Team Information
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully autonomous driving technology. Our software allows the Waymo Driver to perceive the world around it, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers.
Waymo is looking for talented software developers and machine learning engineers to help build the decision-making systems for the autonomous vehicles. You'll be working with a creative team of people who are responsible for ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe, smooth and predictable to other road users.
In this role, you’ll:
- Iterating on large data sets to extract patterns for improvement and build out general solutions.
- Build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Improve how the car acts and reacts in complex and nuanced situations.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Machine Learning, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in at least one of: Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, NLP, or Ranking Systems
- 2+ years of work experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience writing robust, mission -critical, efficient code
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience programming in C++
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.