Director of Product Management, Trucking
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead a group of product managers in defining the Trucking roadmap for Waymo, combining deep technical expertise, business and market understanding, strategic thinking and organizational leadership
- Work closely with Engineering to turn breakthrough technologies into products
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Policy, Legal, and other Waymo teams to bring to market products that solve customer needs, save lives, and transform freight transportation
- Analyze data from real-world miles collected by our fleet, define Trucking requirements and help the team make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity and other factors
- Help to refine Waymo's product vision and strategy
We’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Experience in leading extremely technical products from inception to large scale user adoption
- Experience in managing product managers while still being hands-on
- Exceptional skills in prioritizing and building alignment around those priorities
- B2B experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Trucking, transportation or logistics experience
- Experience as a founder or have worked in an early stage startup
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.