Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Embedded Software Engineer role, you’ll:
- Enable new HW devices on Android OS
- Be responsible for porting linux drivers and continue development to enable feature and reliability
- Have an active involvement in design and vendor support for new HW devices
- Contribute to existing SW infrastructure for testing HW modules, improving testability and reliability
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of kernel driver C programming experience
- Proficiency in kernel/driver debugging
- Infrastructure and embedded software development experience
- Experience interfacing with Android, A2B, Codec stacks/Soc
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about new technology
It’s preferred if you have:
- Good embedded system software experience
- Hands on experience of SoC, I2C, SPI, DSP
- Experience working with industrial manufacturing stations or autonomous vehicle production lines
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.