Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Own and drive detailed schedule and timeline for performance evaluation methodologies and implementation in your programs to meet our monthly, quarterly and yearly evaluation goals
- Help engineering teams remove barriers and gain clarity on priorities
- Communicate to management results from execution, risks and path forward
- Connect parallel conversations across the organization to remove duplication and ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Educate multiple audiences about current state of evaluation technology and value delivered in upcoming milestones
- Influence multiple teams to optimize collaboration between Product, onboard software, simulation, and systems engineering teams
At the minimum we'd like you to have:
- STEM education or industry experience
- Project management experience managing large scale portfolios: multiple concurrent projects, large engineering teams, high matrix environments
- 8+ years of experience in industry related to software engineering
- Practical experience launching products and services commercially
It's preferred if you have:
- Computer science background
- Statistical education (ML, DS, Math)
- Experience in video game/VR/AR engineering
- Prior experience with autonomous driving
- Prior experience with software simulation and testing tools
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.